Practice Charter Standards
These are the local standards set within this practice for the benefit of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
Our Responsibility To You
We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- Names: People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them. The surgery should be well signposted and the doctors' or nurses' names indicated on their surgery doors.
- Waiting Time: We run an appointment system in this practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to be able to see you.
- Access: You will have access to a clinician rapidly in case of an emergency and other routine cases within two weeks, maximum. We will arrange a home visit as appropriate for those who are too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery.
- Telephone: We will try to answer the phone promptly and to ensure that there are sufficient staff to do this. You can request to speak to a doctor by telephone.
- Respect: Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their health care, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religious and cultural beliefs.
- Information: We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive that information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- Health Promotion: The practice will offer patients advice and information on:
- Steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness.
- Self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments.
- Health Records: You have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.
- Test Results: Please telephone to ensure test results have been received before booking an appointment with the doctor to discuss them.
Your Responsibility To Us
Help Us To Help You
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot. Otherwise, other patients may have to wait longer.
- We need help too. Please ask for home visits by the doctor only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not ring before you have been asked to do so. Enquiries about tests ordered by the hospital should be directed to the hospital, not the practice.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and the practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Please read our practice booklet. This will help you to get the best out of the services we offer. It is important that you understand the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
- Remember you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.
- Please ask if you wish to see your doctor.
- The practice has a zero tolerance policy to any perceived violence or aggression. This includes verbal or physical abuse. Any patient who is aggressive or abusive will firstly be warned by letter that their behaviour is unacceptable. If this behaviour is repeated they will be asked to leave the practice immediately and will be removed from our list.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.