Local Mental Health Services
BACK TO MAIN INDEX
Mental Health Emergency Numbers
Are you feeling anxious, distressed, frightened, overwhelmed, suicidal, or having a panic attack? Need urgent local support?
- First try calling Birchington Medical Centre 01843 848 818
- When closed call 111
- Call Kent and Medway’s Single Point of Access on 0300 222 0123 (24/7) or text 07860 022819 (8am-10pm)
- Or call the Mental Health Matters team on 0800 107 0160. Free, confidential and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Thanet Safe Haven on 07850 655877 6pm – 11pm 365 days or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your usual sources of support are closed Safe Haven in Thanet offers mental health support to Kent residents aged 16+, including healthcare professionals.
- East Kent Mind 0795 060 8827 or visit their website
- Wellbeing line 0203 912 0032 is open Monday - Friday 2pm-5pm and Sunday 6pm-10pm
Other organisations that can help
- Samaritans on 116 123 any time
- SILVERLINE 0800 4 70 80 90 Support for senior citizens 24/7
- Still Waters Counselling Team 07768848045
- No Panic Office 01952 680460 Helpline 0844 967 4848 10am- 10pm every day
- Every Mind Matters - Information about stress, sleeplessness, anxiety etc. Also information on what can cause changes in people’s mental health, signs to look out for, advice on things you can do and when people should seek further support. Click here for more information
- SpeakUp CIC Night Owls - Offers closed, moderated Facebook group for people finding it difficult to sleep who want a safe place to chat. Call 07543 977670 or contact Maggie@speakupcic.co.uk or Kay@speakupcic.co.uk