End Domestic Abuse
We're taking action to End Domestic Abuse by joining the Kent and Medway #KnowSeeSpeakOut awareness campaign.
Domestic Abuse can be experienced by anyone, regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, culture or religion.
- 2.4 million people in England and Wales experience domestic abuse every year. Office for National Statistics
- Last year, 5% of adults experienced domestic abuse. Office for National Statistics
- In 2020/21 there were 4 domestic abuse-linked deaths a week in England and Wales. Office for National Statistics
- 1 in 7 under 18s will have lived with domestic abuse at some point in their childhood. Radford et al, NSPCC report, 2011
- The Police receive 1 call every minute about Domestic Abuse. Office for National Statistics
- In England and Wales an estimated £66 billion was lost in economic output due to domestic abuse in 2016-17. Home Office report 2017
Kent and Medway Domestic Abuse Services
- Emergency: call 999
- Non-emergency support: 0808 16 89 111 or visit the Domestic Abuse Services website
Published: May 2, 2023
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.