Advice for Young People
- Samaritans: Samaritans are available round the clock, every single day of the year. Talk to them any time you like, in your own way, about whatever’s getting to you. Calls are free and won’t show on your bill.
- Childline: Whatever your worry - it's better out than in.
- Victim Support: Advice service for victims of crime including sex crimes.
- Frank: Information, help & advice on any drug related issue
- NHS Smokefree: Support on how to stop smoking
Sexual Health Advice
- Sexual Health Line: Information and advice on sexually transmitted infections, HIV, & AIDS. Telephone 0800 567123 (Call Free)
- Emergency Contraception: You have 3 days in which to act to try and prevent a pregnancy. Help is available from any GP who provides contraceptive services or from Contraceptive and Sexual Health Service (see above). During Bank Holidays emergency contraception may be obtained through Accident & Emergency Depts.
Mental Health Support
There are many events and situations in your life that could cause stress and lead to mental health difficulties. It’s important to understand that whatever the cause, you’re not alone, and there is help and support available to you.
There are lots of useful services to help you through difficult times. Help could be at the end of the phone or at the click of a mouse. Find the right support for you below.
It can be difficult to talk about mental health and especially hard to talk to people or ask for help. Doc Ready has put together some tools that will help you prepare for the first time you speak to some about your mental health.
- Kooth: If you are aged between 10 and 25 year old, Kooth offer an online mental health community giving free and confidential advice. You can chat with a team member about anything that is on your mind.
- NELFT: Provides all-age eating disorder services and child and adolescent (that’s up to age 18) and mental health services for people living in Kent and Medway.
- ChatHealth: ChatHealth is available for young people aged 11 to 19 and offers a confidential and anonymous texting service to a nurse via text.
- Mood Spark: Can support young people to better understand and support their own emotional wellbeing and resilience.
- CHUMS: offer specialist bereavement support to children and young people aged from three and a half up until their 26th birthday. This specialist bereavement service is provided by a wide range of experienced, trained professionals and volunteers.
- Release the Pressure: Life can get really tough sometimes, but talking can help. We have a highly trained and experienced team available 24/7 to provide expert support no matter what you are going through.
- BeYou Project: Provides peer and individual support for LGBT+ young people aged eight to 25 years in Kent and Medway.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.